- Poverty In Merced County
- What We Do
- Community Impact
- Get Help
- Our Programs
- About Us
The Agency’s Executive Director, sometimes referred to as the CEO, is the sole employee of the Merced County Community Action Board. The Board, selects, hires, evaluates, and formulates the activities of the Executive Director. The role of the Executive Director is to work with the Community Action Board to ensure services are being delivered to the poor of Merced County in an efficient manner that addresses their needs.
Brenda Callahan-Johnson has been the Executive Director of the Agency since 2005, rising from the programmatic ranks of the Agency. Brenda holds a Master’s Degree in Business Administration and is a Certified Community Action Agency Professional. Brenda has worked for the Agency for 20 years and major accomplishments under her tenure have been:
- Opening and constructing the county’s first large-scale homeless shelter.
- Expanding operations to include and affordable housing component.
- Launching the Agency into “Green Jobs”.
- Purchasing a permanent central administration building.
- Adding service locations county-wide.
- National recognition as an outstanding “Community Action Agency”
Brenda sits on multiple state and local boards advocating for the needs of the poor.